Orthopedic Therapists Baltimore, MD
If you’re suffering from a musculoskeletal disorder, orthopedic therapists Baltimore, MD residents trust may be able to help. They can help alleviate your pain and get back to your normal activities. You don’t have to live with your discomfort for the rest of your life.
What Is Orthopedic Therapy?
Orthopedic therapy involves treating your entire musculoskeletal system, including your muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons. The therapy can be performed in hospitals, outpatient clinics, nursing facilities, and sports facilities.
Orthopedic therapists in Baltimore, MD can treat practically any conditions that impacts your ability to move or function in your daily life, including:
- Lower back pain
- Joint pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscular Dystrophy
What Type of Treatments Are There?
During orthopedic physical therapy in Baltimore, MD, your therapist may use several treatments to improve your condition, such as:
- Exercises: If you’re dealing with a musculoskeletal condition, exercise might be the last thing on your mind. However, certain exercises can actually help improve your mobility and strength. Your therapist will create an exercise plan that you can perform at home. Practice them first with your therapist to make sure you’re doing them correctly.
- Hydrotherapy: Water can be very effective at treating joint issues, so your therapist may incorporate it into your treatment plan. He or she may have you perform exercises in a whirlpool or pool. Water provides gentle resistance and support while you exercise.
- Hot/Cold Therapy: Cryotherapy and thermotherapy is frequently used in orthopedic therapy to treat musculoskeletal pain and swelling.
- Traction: Traction can take the stress off damaged joints and is performed with equipment or with the therapist’s hand. The treatment is especially beneficial for people with lower back pain, neck pain, and degenerative disc conditions.
- Joint Mobilization: During this treatment, a therapist will move your joint firmly in the desired direction.
What Should You Expect During Your First Session?
If you’re going to your first orthopedic therapy session soon, you may understandably feel nervous. However, if you know what to expect, you may feel more at ease.
During your first session, your therapist may ask you questions about your medical history and medications you’re currently taking. He or she will also ask you about the symptoms you’ve been experiencing, such as when they started and if they get worse when you perform certain activities.
Your therapist may also perform tests and X-rays to help diagnose your condition. After that, he or she can develop the appropriate treatment plan for your condition.
Schedule an appointment with orthopedic therapists in Baltimore, MD today. Call LeMoine Physical Therapy.