If you suffer from osteoarthritis, you should seek osteoarthritis treatment Baltimore, MD residents trust. Osteoarthritis doesn’t have to rule your life forever. With the proper treatment, you can live a normal life again.
Osteoarthritis is a joint condition that occurs when the cartilage in your joints breaks down and causes your bones to rub together. Common symptoms of the condition include:
- Pain: With osteoarthritis, you may feel pain in certain joints, like the ones in your hands, fingertips, hips or knees. The pain may increase when you’re doing certain activities, like walking, running or lifting items.
- Swelling: Osteoarthritis can also increase fluid in your joints, which can lead to swelling.
- Reduced Range of Motion: Osteoarthritis can cause joint stiffness, which may reduce your range of motion. As a result, you may have trouble moving around and completing tasks that once came easy.
Osteoarthritis can make day-to-day life more difficult. Luckily, there have been many advancements in osteoarthritis treatment in Baltimore, MD. Here are a few options you may consider:
- Physical Therapy: During physical therapy in Baltimore, MD, a therapist will have you perform various exercises to strengthen and increase the flexibility in your joints. This can ultimately reduce your pain and make it easier to perform activities.
- Occupational Therapy: In occupational therapy, you can learn ways to complete normal tasks without putting stress on your joints. For instance, if you suffer from knee osteoarthritis, your therapist may recommend putting a bench in your shower to alleviate the pain of standing.
- Weight Loss: Excess weight can put stress on your joints. If you lose even a few pounds by reducing your caloric intake, you could improve your condition.
- Heat and Cold: Both hot and cold therapy can help relieve pain and stiffness in your joints. If you apply a hot or cold compress to your joint several times a day, you may feel better.
- Eat Anti-Inflammatory Foods: What you eat may also have an impact on your osteoarthritis symptoms. If you include anti-inflammatory foods, such as fatty fish, berries and avocados, you could see an improvement in your condition.
- Adequate Rest: If you suffer from osteoarthritis, it’s even more important for you to get at least eight hours of sleep a night. Your joints will get proper rest and may not hurt as much. Avoid caffeine and alcohol in the evening so that it’s easier to fall asleep.
Schedule osteoarthritis treatment in Baltimore, MD today.